Below are the reviews of the books that I've read as part of my 50 book challenge from 08-09 and of the book's I'm currently reading as part of the 09-10 challenge.
RSS

Thursday 18 June 2009

what am I reading right now?

Just a bit of a quick post. After the emails and twitter messages from a few different people asking what I'm reading at the moment I thought I'd let you all in. In truth I like to read a few books at once then if I'm not in the mood for chasing a serial killer I can read a different genre or if there's something sat on the bookshelf looking at me making me wat to read it I do, I dont hold myself to one book at a time but I do try to limit it to 3 or 4 at a push

Currently I'm reading 3 different books,

-Quirkology by Richard Wiseman

I wasnt sure when I ordered this if it was going to be something I'd enjoy reading but I decided it couldnt hurt to give my brain a few vitamins and minerals that you find in the non fiction section. Now Ive got to be honest Ive not got very far with it, although I've had it for a couple of weeks, I've decided it's going to be my 'bathroom' book, and I dont mean that as a bad thing for the book. although it has so far led to me sitting there that long I got pins and needles in my legs lol, so I guess you can draw your own conclusions from that.

If you want to know why you do the things that you do, or why other people do what they do, you can pick up a copy of quirkology from amazon by following this link or from play.com by following this link


-Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter

I picked up Fractured by Karin Slaughter when I was in Asda (love them 2 for £7 deals they do) and I really enjoyed it, after having a scout around online I found some other's by the same author and decided to start at the beginning of the 5 soon to be 6 book series, And It's pretty good it reminds me of a cross between James Patterson and Jack Kerley, both authors I've enjoyed in the past so I'm holding out good hope for this one

if you want to read blindsighted its available from amazon by following this link and play.com by following this link


-The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter

This was delivered to me this morning and is an uncorrected proof and will be released in August it is available though at the moment as a pre order from amazon by following this link or you can pre-order it from play.com via this link

Now this book I only started at lunch time for (what I thought was 10 mins) and the first 30-40 pages flew by. So far it reminds me of Double Cross by James Patterson, where the DC Audience Killer is on the loose, and If it keeps up its current pace I see no reason why it wouldn't, It's going to be my summer recommendation, you know while I'm typing this I could be off reading that so if you dont mind I'm... er... off for a read

I hope this answers your questions, yeah I like reading thrillers more than I tend to read factual books but a little escape from every day life is a good thing if you ask me, it lets your imagination run free, something I'm sure more people would enjoy if they gave it the chance