Below are the reviews of the books that I've read as part of my 50 book challenge from 08-09 and of the book's I'm currently reading as part of the 09-10 challenge.
RSS

Sunday 20 September 2009

favourite authors

I've had a few emails asking me who is my favourite author is or favourite books etc. So I thought I'd post and let you all know who and why.

For me personally there are about 10 authors that I read without fail but I dont think it'd be right to post a big list of them so I've tried to limit this post to the 3 main authors that I read without fail, there are others which if you want me to post more email me at the50bookchallenge@gmail.com

the first is Lisa Lutz she's the author of the Spellman books (The Spellman Files, Curse of the Spellmans, Revenge of the Spellmans)

The books she writes are smart funny and totally enveloping. As the characters develop through the books the progression of their personalities and flaws keep you reading.

If you enjoyed Veronica Mars on TV you'll love theses series of books, although you can read them out of order and they would easily stand up as a solo read, if you can id recommend starting at the beginning and working your way through.




The second author I read without fail is James Patterson, I'm not a fan of the love stories or the kids books he writes but the thrillers he writes are simply brilliant, there's very few authors who have the ability to make me sit down and read at every opportunity, When I bought the last of the Alex Cross series when It was released I bought it from Asda (British supermarket) and read the first few chapters as I walked around buying groceries.

He has written so many books I'm not going to pick one or two to highlight instead if you follow this link you can pick for yourself from amazon personally I don't think there is a bad one, as long as you don't go for the love stories or the kids books lol not that there is anything wrong with them, I'm just not a fan.


The last of the 3 that I'm listing here (although there are more that I will add later on) is Dan Brown, I know a lot of people don't like his style of writing, although I've no idea why, his books are immersing and enjoyable. I don't only read books to expand my mind, I like to be entertained and books like The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception point Digital Fortress and his new book The lost Symbol more than fit the bill.

Other than these three there are some others like Anonymous who wrote The Book With No Name and The Eye of the Moon. As well as Karin Slaughter, Sam Bourne, Scarlett Thomas, Tom Rob Smith and Jeremy Duns all of who I would buy without reading the back of the cover and recommend without consideration.

I will post again in a couple of days with links to some of the books I've enjoyed the most, although I'll try and limit it to maybe 5 or 6. I tried to just list 3 authors and I ended up listing 9 lol.