Below are the reviews of the books that I've read as part of my 50 book challenge from 08-09 and of the book's I'm currently reading as part of the 09-10 challenge.
RSS

Monday 27 July 2009

Book 22 - The White Queen



Book number 22 is The white Queen, written by Philippa Gregory, and is published by Simon and Schuster UK. It is available as a pre order from both Amazon.co.uk and Play.com its also available on both CD and ebook it will be released on the 18.08.09

Before I begin I do want to say the book I read was an uncorrected proof so the story I read may be subject to change. Saying that though, if it is changed by anyone they must be mad!

There is no way I’m giving any of this books plot or story away! It is brilliant full stop. It’s written by Philippa Gregory. Who wrote some others I’ve read in the past and wasn’t too sure about like, The Favoured Child and The Other Boleyn girl. BUT this one was brilliant. The fact that it rained for a couple of days which forced me inside to read, did me no harm either,

This book follows the Princes in the tower and is a fantastic murder mystery and one that has genuinely gone unsolved for hundreds of years.

As I said I will not give even the slightest allusion as to the story line or what happens. All I will say is don’t literally judge this book by the cover. I wouldn’t have thought a murder mystery set the thick end of 600 years ago would have been my kinda thing, I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I wouldn’t recommend sitting down and reading it in 2 or 3 sittings as much as you may want to, make it last, think of it like a fine wine or 30 year old single malt treat yourself, some books I read are the literary equivalent of big dumb action movies, others are more like dramedy, drama/comedy. This is like the 3hr BBC costume drama that everyone watches only to be later surprised that they like it.

As I said it’s available to pre order from amazon.co.uk and play.com you won’t regret it.