Below are the reviews of the books that I've read as part of my 50 book challenge from 08-09 and of the book's I'm currently reading as part of the 09-10 challenge.
RSS

Friday 22 May 2009

Book 16 - Angels & Demons


Book number 16 is Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, published by Corgi books and available from amazon in both paperback and hardback

Now I know what your thinkin' Angels & Demons? you been watching the film, An the answer to that is no, i wanted to read this before I see the film, I know its easy to say a book is this or its that, or that you don't like it for whatever reason -as certain people on twitter decided to tell me that I didn't know what I was on about when I announced that today's review was this book, I was asked if this review was wrote by the producer, I guess some people just like to troll around and spread the misery.

Anyway On to the review, oddly I didn't read this book although i do have it in paperback, I listened to it as an unabridged audio book, and I was brilliant. I know people see Dan Browns' books as the literary equivalent of a big action movie and pull the books apart for anything they can. It's almost like the cool thing to do; and I don't get it,

I have read some of Dan Browns other work and as long as you remember they are all fiction including the Da Vinci Code (something I feel people are forgetting) they are a great read and I can totally understand why people buy his books and those by people like Sam Bourne. The books that Dan Brown writes are fast, murder mystery's with a conspiracy slant, and who doesn't like that, even the bible is full of conspiracy, murder, and mystery. although that's not as gripping a work of fiction to read. although its a work of fiction all the same.

In the past few years we've seen Cern become a household name with the LHC, A new pope picked with all the pomp and circumstance of the catholic church, there is anyone of a number of site's online devoted to conspiracy theory, or new world order be it by the bilderberg group or the little green men from the planet zog (sorry I got that wrong the little green men are from dzart22 and little green women are from zog. sorry for the confusion.) well imagine squishing all that together and mashing it all up and you've got Angels & Demons, With the film out now in the cinema's I'd either read or listen to this book before you see it, its a great read theres everything you want in a book.

just before you all start emailing me or shouting at me on twitter just remember that it is fiction so if you start telling me that Anti matter cant be held in place with magnets or that the Illuminati diamond is upside down or whatever, I don't care, When I read an Enid Blyton book as a child I didn't think 5 kids really went off and lived on an island, or that there were witches that could turn kids into mice after I read a Roahl Darl book, take this book at face value and you'll love it start picking at the corners and you may as well go read the encyclopedia (not a bad read but not much of a story line and it jumps from topic to topic)

If you liked the Da Vinci Code you'll like this and if you didn't like the da vinci code what's up with you? you'll be saying you don't like die hard next...